Wednesday, January 19, 2011

File Your Taxes for Free!

Lots of tax companies are offering free software and free e-filing this year! TurboTax and H&R Block, TaxAct and TaxSlayer will let you do your taxes online through their website for FREE this year if you have a simple return.  This could be a great option if you don't claim dependents, don't itemize and live in a state like Nevada where you don’t have to file a state tax return. These services will let you e-file your federal taxes for free. If you need a state return, that will have a cost associated with it, but 21 states are offering a free e-file this year too. You can find the list at
If you have a simple Federal tax return using the 1040EZ form, H&R Block will file your Federal 1040EZ at most of their offices nationwide for free.
Even if you don't qualify for these free tax programs, you can still e-file your federal taxes for free. In years past we had to pay $12-$18 extra to e-file, but that has changed.
Here's an article from USA Today explaining more on how to do your taxes and e-file for free. Click here for the info.

No comments: